Sunday, May 20, 2012



Online Fatal Attraction

Originally published on Wednesday, May 13, 2009, on facebook.



So whatchu talkin 'bout..."I need to get to know you"?
My whole life is online, no privacy, it's see-through
Got a thousand friends, more popular than Skywalker
So 4 weeks on your profile page doesn't make me a stalker

I'm scratching my head, honestly I don't get it
We're the picture perfect couple, so what's there to edit?
You've seen my photos so you know what I look like
My profile's got my address, I'm 10 minutes from the Turnpike

You know my opinions, I tagged you in all my notes
You even know my favorite songs from my status update quotes
So I'm sitting here like, whadaya mean we just met?
We've been friends for 2 months, I coulda sworn we were all set

You've seen my family pictures, plus shots of all my relatives
You know where I stand on social drug use and and anti-depressant sedatives
You know my future plans, I wrote on your wall about Grad school
You wrote back, saying something like "good job, that's cool."

Really though, what more can I do or say?
I was the first person at 12 midnight to wish you a happy birthday!
When I log on, all I wish to do is seek thee
When your profile picture changes, so does the wallpaper on my p.c

Listen, I got the ring in my pocket, you know where this is heading
We got 75 mutual friends, they can all come to the wedding
Wait! What? What do you mean "restraining order"?
I think of you time-after-time like my name was Cyndi Lauper

Wait! Stop! Why are you running away?
My love is how-to-save-a-life so don't resist the Fray
We were made for each other since you first clicked that mouse
I even tagged myself in all your pics where you wore a low cut blouse

Stop! Come back here.............!!!